Sunday, February 14, 2016

Masculine card - Color Dare 180

Color Dare 180

Heart 2 Heart Challenge
 This week I am participating in Color Dare challenge that is being run in partnership with the Heart 2 Heart challenge at the same time; double duty! This week's challenge is to combine Black, White Daisy and any 1, 2 or 3 of the following reds: Pomegranate, Ruby and Cranberry. I saw several fun designs to get us started and decided to take a non-traditional approach to this one.

I used the shirt card setting cut at 4.5"from the Artiste Cricut cartridge to make this fun card.  I wanted a bit of texture for the shirt and the embossing folders I had on hand were a bit too much for what I had in mind so I got out my score board and did my own embossing to make the checked pattern (you might need to zoom in to see that detail.)  For the tie, I used Ruby ink on a pattern stamp then layered in some strips of black shimmer trim that I cut half.  You can make a matching envelope from this cartridge as well or slip it in one of the square White Daisy envelopes if you happen to have those on hand.


I was having so much fun with this one that I made a second card we'll make for my next gathering. (That way, I can have the pieces all cut and ready to go for assembly without waiting for everyone to pass around the only score board I have!)

For this card, I used the same shirt card pattern but then picked Cranberry as the accent color. For the argyle pattern, I had to adjust the size of the cut to 3.5" so it would fit on the front of the shirt; then inked the dashed lines with White Daisy and did a bit of trimming to make it fit.



You can find the Artiste Cricut collection and a lot more great Close to My Heart products on my website if you don't already have a consultant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...