Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Birthday Card Cupcake

 Color My Heart Color Dare

I am participating in the Color Dare challenge #178 this week to create a project using just the colors shown above.  This nice birthday card was the end result and it was pretty quick and easy to make too!




Here's the inside with my sentiment inked in Thistle:



Instructions:

Using the Artiste Cricut cartridge; cut White Daisy cardstock using the cupcake image found on page 70 at 5" then I cut a piece of Thistle paper a bit wider and taller than the cupcake liner part of the card and used the striped embossing folder to give it some texture.  Adhered it to the card and trimmed the Thistle paper to match the cupcake liner card front.  

Next, I used the scallop embossing folder on the frosting part of the cupcake, inked the embossed part with White Daisy and used clear embossing powder on top for some shine.  (I figured that was still staying true to using just the colors in the challenge.)  

Next, cut the cherry from White Daisy paper; I set the real dial size to .75" on my Cricut; image is on page 70, then I used a sponge dauber to ink the cherry with Pixie ink.  Cut the banner on page 58 at 1" and ink with Glacier using stamp set from Artiste bundle.  Finish the card with the sentiment inside using Thistle ink.

That's it, I hope you like it! Feel free to browse my website to check out all the fun products available from Close To My Heart.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...