This week I have a "double dipper" post. First of all, you may be coming from Michelle's blog as part of the CTMH Technique blog hop featuring Thin Cuts. You might also be coming here to learn more details about my entry in this week's Color Dare challenge. In any case, I am glad you found this post and hope you like this 5.5" square card I made for a fellow co-worker's promotion.
|Color Dare Challenge|
- Let's start with the Thin Cuts first, I used the Springtime Wishes set and cut out 3 flowers and 2 leaves in White Daisy (some people like stamp first and cut second; whichever way you prefer is just fine!)
- Ink the leaves with Sweet Leaf green
- Ink with Sorbet pigment ink on the small flower; White Daisy pigment ink on the other two flowers then sprinkle on clear embossing powder and heat emboss them all
- Sponge one of the white flowers with Canary ink and the other with Smoothie ink
- Cut Canary paper at 5.5"x 11" and fold in half as your card base
- Cut White Daisy paper at 5.25" x 5.25" and mount on the front of the card
- Cut a piece of Smoothie paper at 5" x 4" and stamp with an image to make your own background paper (or if you happen to have some left over Hopscotch paper, that works nicely with this color challenge) then cut off .5" to mount at the bottom and mount the remainder on the top, you will have a gap showing white paper at this point.
- Cut a strip of Canary paper at 5" x 1" and cut a scallop edge (using the scallop border punch but I don't have one so I used my trusty old scissors with a scallop edge cut) if you want to add some bling at this point, you can dot some glitter glue or pearl dots along the scallops and let those dry while you finish the rest of the card assembly.
- Cut a strip of Kaleidoscope paper at 5" x .5" taking care to only include colors from this challenge
- Cut Smoothie paper at 3.5" x 3.75" and mount on card front
- Cut Flaxen paper at 3.25" x 3.5" and layer on the Smoothie pape
- Cut White Daisy at 3" x 3.25" then sponge the edges with Smoothie ink and mount on the Flaxen paper, stamp sentiment with Smoothie ink and accent in Flaxen ink.
- Arrange and mount flowers and leaves to finish the card.
Ink: Smoothie, Canary, Flaxen, White Daisy, Sweet Leaf
Paper: White Daisy, Smoothie, Canary, Flaxen, Kaleidoscope
Stamp set and Thin cuts - Springtime Wishes
Well, that about wraps up this post, next up in the Technique Blog Hop is Judy Faye's blog for you to see what fun creation she has made us.
Thanks for stopping by!