Sunday, March 6, 2016

Color Dare 183 - Penelope Coffee Card


For this week's color dare challenge, I made a coffee cup birthday card for my Aunt.  She just loves bright colors so I thought of her right away when these colors were posted.  I've been making quite a few different coffee related cards lately and have been enjoying seeing the results. Here's what I came up with this time around.



Here are the instructions for making this card:

  • Artistry cartridge - page 5, cut the coffee cup at 5.5" with White Daisy cardstock.  Trace this onto another piece of White Daisy paper but leave the top a little longer so you can score and fold it to make a hinge after  you cut it out.  Go ahead and attach the two pieces so you have a nice folding card. Then trace the lid on another piece of White Daisy and cut out but don't attach it just yet!  (Note: I'm sure this can be done in the Cricut Design studio; I really have to branch out soon and learn how to use that!) 
  • Cut a piece of Penelope dotted paper to mount on the front of the card; I cut mine at 3.25" x 3.5" then trimmed it to fit after I put it on the card front.
  • Next, cut a piece of Thistle paper at 1.5"x 3.5" and emboss with the Quatrefoil embossing folder 
  • Adhere a .5" x 3.5" strip of the Penelope B&T Duo paper behind the top and bottom of the Thistle paper. Mount this on the front of the card and trim to size.
  • Center a strip of the strip from the Penelope B&T Duo paper on top of the embossed Thistle paper.
  • Cut a tag at 1.25" from page 36 of the Artiste Cricut Cartridge, ink Happy Birthday with Honey from the Holiday Tags stamp set
  • Include a sentiment inside; I used one from the January Stamp of the Month - Beloved Bouquet

Here is another view of the card:



Here are other coffee related cards I made recently, click the pictures if you'd like to see the instructions for these:
Thanks a Latte square card
Gift card holder


Thanks for stopping by to check out this week's color dare challenge.  If you don't already have a Close to My Heart Consultant and want to check out our great products, please stop by my website to see what we have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...