Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Thanks a Latte card

This week I am participating in Color Dare challenge #179 using the colors featured in the Charlotte collection.

Color Dare #179

I made a coffee cup card that's a gift card holder using these same colors for a blog hop recently so I decided to stick with the coffee theme.  Here is the card I made this week:



Here are the instructions for this 4" x 4" card.  Start with a card base in White Daisy, then use a Champagne pigment ink pad and run a swipe across the bottom of the card.  I heat set that layer so I could stamp on top of it without waiting for the longer drying time.  Then stamp "Thanks" and "a latte" using Black Ink, layer on a piece of 4" x 3" Charlotte B&T paper and then fill in the gap you have on the front of the card with White Shimmer Trim.  Use the Artistry Cricut Cartridge and cut the coffee cup from Sorbet paper and the topping in White Daisy (page 5 at 2.5") I wanted to give a bit more dimension to the coffee cup so I used my bone folder to score the base of the cup.

Stamp sets used for the title:
D1646 - Finding the Words
C1616 - Treats of Friendship

I also made a couple of other slight variations to share with you; all supplies used can be found in the current Close To My Heart catalog or on my website.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...