Sunday, January 17, 2016

Bokeh Technique Valentine Card

I was inspired to try out the Bokeh technique once and for all after checking out the fun projects in the latest CTMH technique blog hop featuring this style. Bokeh is actually a photography term which means the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image that produced by a camera lens. In cardmaking or other papercrafting area, this term is used to create a blury/hazy background.  While the background usually features dots, I just had to use hearts after seeing Helen's post that stamps work nicely if you don't want to make your own template.

Here's the final product, I will be using this as a make-n-take item at our Stamp, Scrap and Craft day coming up on January 30.



I started with White Daisy paper then used Pixie ink and a sponge dauber for the first layer (in hindsight, I would have done this after the "spritz" so I could get the lighter color to pop a bit more.)




Then, I put a few drops of Hollyhock ink in a sprayer and gave the paper a quick spritz.




Next, I used another sponge dauber and used Cranberry ink (one spot got a little darker than I wanted so that was my target for the title area!)



For the last layer, I used the smooth side of the heart that comes on with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge set, inked with White Daisy and then made a random pattern for the background.  Don't be afraid to overlap the hearts, it does give it a fun look.  Since the White Daisy is a pigment ink, I heat set it before mounting on the hearts (cut from Art Philosophy cartridge at 2.25" in White Daisy and 2.5" in Cranberry cardstock.)



The January Stamp of the Month was the perfect set for the title and a sentiment inside.



Here is a list of products used:
Cardstock Paper: White Daisy and Cranberry
Ink: White Daisy, Pixie, Hollyhock (re-inker), Cranberry
Cricut Cartridge: Art Philosophy
Stamp Set: S1601 - Beloved Bouquet

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...