Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Color Dare 288 - Happy Birthday

Our son's birthday is this week so I was very happy to see the blues in the Color Dare challenge.  I got some inspiration from a few different Pinterest boards and then tweaked it a bit for this birthday card theme.


For the swirls, I selected some wreaths from the Flower Market Cricut Cartridge and used the weld feature to make them a bit more robust.  Here's the design space file if you want to recreate this yourself.  Here are the supplies I used for this card:

  • Peacock paper from Enchantment Fundamentals (Base and stripe)
  • Mink paper from Basics Fundamentals (stripe)
  • Peacock, Lagoon and Mink cardstock for the swirls
  • A few drops of Peacock re-inker on my watercolor brush for the splatter background
  • Wise Guy birthday stamp (retired)
  • Silver sequins (retired)
This was a really fun card to make and it's off in the mail to bring smiles to the recipient.  Thanks for stopping by.  You can check on the latest specials from Close To My Heart at my website.  Visit the Color Dare blog to see more fun creations made from this color palette.

Color Dare Blog

4 comments:

  1. I like the concept of this card. Thanks for joining us at the Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those dies and your presentation of them...fun and pretty card. Thanks again for sharing with us at Color Dare this week. And don't forget our TicTacToe coming up, your choice of three of the colors by row/column/diagonal, on the Grid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card. Great use of the colors in this challenge. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your "robust wreaths"! They remind me of an SU diecut set called Starry Scribbles. Great use of the challenge colors and wonderful card layout. So glad that you took the Color Dare challenge with us last week!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...