A friend of mine has a birthday coming up this weekend so I made her a card with the fun color combination in this week's Color Dare challenge. I think it turned out super cute and can't wait to give it to her.
- Cut a piece of Thistle pattern paper at 5.25" x 4" for the background. I used a piece of retired paper from the Penelope paper packet that I had on hand.
- Cut two pieces of White Daisy at 5" x 3.75"
- Cut out the "happy" thin cut at an angle and outline the letters with a Thistle marker. Stamp "Birthday" on the bottom right with Lagoon ink. I used a stamp from the Birthday Sparkles occasions stamp set.
- Sponge the 2nd piece of White Daisy with Lagoon, Tangerine & Thistle inks then apply Versamark ink over the whole sheet and sprinkle with clear embossing powder. (See the picture below, it's hard to tell in the photo but it's really nice and shiny!)
- Mount the layers on the card and add a few clear bitty sparkles for a bit more bling.
|Color Dare 237|