Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Color Dare 211 - Thanksgiving Card


I am getting ready to head off on a scrapbooking retreat this weekend and making Thanksgiving cards for my family members is on the "to-do" list and this week's Color Dare challenge colors were just the inspiration I needed for this project.

To make this card:

  • Cut a 2.25" leaf shape from Poppy cardstock using the image found on page 34 of the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge.  Run the leaf through the Woodgrain embossing folder and ink the raised portion in Poppy.
  • Cut Fern cardstock at 4" x 5.25" and run through the Striped embossing folder
  • Cut Colonial White cardstock at 3.75" x 5" and another strip at 1.5" x 5". Sponge the larger piece with Saffron and a hint of Poppy.  Use a random stamping technique to create the leaf background with Saffron ink.
  • Stamp title with Fern ink.
Color Dare 211

Thanks for stopping by, if you'd like to learn more about Close To My Heart products, visit my website.

5 comments:

  1. Great card! I like how you ran the leaf through an embossing folder. Thanks for playing at the Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to run the leave through the wood embossing folder. Looks cool! Thanks for taking a Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Love how you did the background. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your personalized sponged and stamped background and the dry embossing on your leaf...very pretty card. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fall feel! I like the embossed leaf and the way you added the ink to the background. Thank you for joining us this past week on Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...