Sunday, April 24, 2016

Georgie - Father's Day - SWAA Blog Hop

This month the Stampers with Attitude blog hop is featuring the Georgie paper pack and/or Father's Day. If you are coming from Sheila's blog, you are in the right spot.  My project this time is a quilt card featuring the Georgie paper pack and an Ohio star pattern inspired by some cards I saw on Pinterest.

 
I started with a 4.25" square piece of Georgie B&T paper then mounted a 3.5" square of the pattern paper on top of that. Then I cut 1.25" squares and mounted one in the middle of the set then cut the remaining 2 squares in half then in half again for the nice triangle pieces that I placed around the square.  Then to add a bit of dimension for a quilt look, I embossed the whole square with the diamond embossing folder.  Next I used Juniper pigment ink with a Thank You from the Thousand Thanks stamp set and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  The last step was to finish it off with a strip of Georgie paper on the bottom of the card.

I'm putting this in my sample set for a home gathering, I think this would be fun to do with a group.  Now head on over to Wendy's blog and see what she has lined up for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...