Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Seasonal Expressions 1 Blog Hop

Welcome to the Seasonal Expressions Blog Hop where we are showcasing products from the new Seasonal Expressions 1 catalog. If you have come here from Haley's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants on Melinda’s Blog.



It's winter in Wisconsin so I was very excited to get my new catalog and look at the pretty spring colors in there.  The colors used with the Penelope collection caught my eye and I just had to try out the new thin cuts for this card.  I got the inspiration for the cut-out strip technique from Maile Belles and she has a great step by step tutorial on her blog.



I stamped the large flower right on the white card front with Thistle ink, then cut out the strip.  Next, I ran the thin cuts through my Cuttlebug using White Daisy cardstock; then inked the flowers, centers and leaves.  Arrange them nicely across the card and stamp a sentiment with Peacock ink.  (Note: the Penolope featured colors use Crystal blue but I was looking for something a bit bolder for the sentiment.) Next up was to add a bit of dimension to the background so I used a flower center and Versamark ink to make a random background; I didn't want to detract from the flowers so used a clear embossing powder and heat set that.  Here's a close up picture so you can see that a bit better:



I was on a roll and decided to challenge myself to use the same color pallet for different cards; on this second card, I used an embossing folder to add another dimension for the background and then used some purple shimmer trim and a purple gem as the flower center to glitz it up a bit.



On this one, I used thicker tape so you can really see the depth of the cutout section here



For the final card in this selection, I changed from portrait to landscape and flipped my paper over, backed the title with Pixie cardstock for this completely different look



Supplies used in these projects:
C1641 Springtime Wishes stamp set
Z3201 Springtime Wishes Thin Cuts
White Daisy Cardstock
Inks: Honey, Pear, Pixie, Thistle, Peacock, Versamark
Clear embossing powder
Scallop embossing folder
Purple shimmer trim
Purple glitter gem
Strip of pear pattern paper (from either the Penelope or Kaleidoscope paper pack)


Thanks for stopping by to visit; now, head on over to Krista's Blog and see what fun project she has created for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...