Monday, April 9, 2018

Color Dare 287 - Happy Birthday

For this week's Color Dare challenge, I made a birthday card for a friend of mine featuring the happy thin cut that's in our going soon section of the website.  


This is a fun technique for doing something a little different with  your thin cuts to get the layered look here, you'll stack two different colors of paper on top of each other and make sure that the thin cut goes just past the edge of the paper.  For this card, I used Bashful paper from the Gimme Some Sugar paper pack and Raspberry cardstock.  It looked like this before I ran it through the Cuttlebug, notice how the edges of the thin cut are just past the paper edge:



I forgot to get pictures of the cut paper after it went through the Cuttlebug.  You'll end up with a top and bottom of each color that you cut through, for my card, I mounted the top part in Raspberry on Pebble paper from Chelsea Gardens paper pack, then mounted the Bashful paper under it so I could see where the next thin cut of "happy" should go (note, you'll want to keep the little cut out pieces from the "h" and "y" so you can layer them back on in the blank spots.)

Next, stamp on the Raspberry cardstock with the small flower from the For You Darling stamp set
 with Raspberry ink for a tone on tone effect.  Cut out "happy" from silver glitter paper then use a masking technique for the birthday stamp in Raspberry.

I was on a roll so used white glitter paper for the 2nd card that has the Raspberry cardstock on the bottom and Bashful paper on the top. 


Then I couldn't let perfectly good negative cuts go to waste so made more cards to share as well.




Thanks for stopping by, let me know which one is your favorite.  I love how different the cards look just by changing up a few items!

Color Dare Blog

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the color my heart color dare. I think I like your orange/silver/black combination the best, but I want to try your technique. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool technique! I love that you used all the remaining pieces to create more cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the negative for your other card...all are very pretty. So sorry for the confusion on the post write up on the colors, but it includes the pinks just a little bit different shade...we do say "closest to the color". Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a "happy" set of cards, Tammy! Thank you for sharing your technique. I appreciate your playing along with us at Color Dare and hope you'll return for our next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Of course you cannot let a good negative go to waste!! thank you for joining us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...