Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Why I became a CTMH consultant



This is the Close to My Heart blog hop featuring stories and artwork about why we all became consultants.  I hope you enjoyed reading Jennifer's story and seeing what she has to share with us.

I joined for a couple of reasons.  First, my local CTMH consultant let me know she was no longer a consultant when I asked her if she wanted to attend a fundraising crop that I was hosting. We ended up having a couple of other vendors come to the crop but it wasn't the same without Close to My Heart there.  At this crop, one of the attendees had the Artiste Cricut Cartridge and she let me use it for some of the scrapbook pages I was working on....I was hooked at that point.  I signed up the next day and didn't know who to pick for my upline when I registered so I picked Keeley since her name is similar to my daughter, Kelsey.

Now, two years later, I am mostly a hobbyist and hold gatherings about once every 6 weeks with a local group of scrapbookers and cardmakers.  The annual fundraiser crop continues on as well!

Enough about me, on to the good stuff! A 2-page layout with Kaleidoscope paper pack and Artistry, the newest Cricut Cartridge. (Did you know you have an option to earn a free Cricut cartridge if you sign up in April to become a consultant? How cool is that! Check my website for details.)


2 page layout recipe – Make It From Your Heart vol 1, page 20 

Cut the following:
  • 3” x 5” Sunset (emboss with confetti stars folder)
  • 3” x 3” Colonial White for journaling/photo block
  • 4” x 6” Colonial White for photo blocks 
  • 1.5” x 5” strip of Gypsy (dove tail one end) 
  • 1.5” x 2” strip of Gypsy (dove tail one end) 
  • 1.5” x .75” strip of Gypsy 
  • 1.5” x 11” strip of Pear (dove tail one end) 
  • 1.5” x 1.5” strip of Pear (dove tail one end) 
  • 1.5” x 1.75” strip of Pear 
Artistry Cricut Cartridge:
  • pg 19 banner – cut 7” from Colonial White (ink edges with Pixie) 
  • pg 19 banner – cut 8” from B&T Duo 
  • pg 34 shape- 2.5” Colonial White and 3” Gypsy 
  • pg 50 banner - .75” Colonial White 
  • pg 17 balloon – 4.75” Sunset (emboss with confetti stars) 
  • pg 17 balloon – 4.75” Canary (emboss with dot) 
  • pg 17 balloon – 4.75” B&T Duo 
Stamp sets:
  • D1682 – Artistry set (Gypsy ink saying on larger white banner, Pear ink “Celebrate” on long strip) 
  • D1667- Balloon Wishes (Pacifica ink on small white banner) 
Assembly instructions: Kaleidoscope Paper – Two sheets 12 x12 B&T Duos (green side up as base) Layer the Gypsy & White banners, mount 1.5” in from left edge. Layer the B&T and White shapes, cut 1.75” off right side Mount Gypsy strip .75” in from left and 2.5” from bottom of page Overlap Pear strip halfway over Gypsy strip (use these as guides to lay down rest of the pieces)


Thanks for stopping by, next up to share her story is Gina, happy blog hopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...